Sunday, February 16, 2014

Campbell's Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole- (Fail!!!)

What happens when you're starving and in a rush?

This happens! 
I know you're probably thinking what the heck is that?!
Well, it may not look like it but its Cheesy chicken and Rice.
^^^^ That looks sooo much better! Here's the link to the original recipe. I suggest you follow it. Campbell's Cheesy Chicken & Rice

Let's go back. So  late last night I decided to make this dish(its one of my favs.)Only to realize that I didn't take the chicken out of the freezer. Grr. I only had drumsticks in the freezer because the way my budget is set up.*Kevin Hart voice* I've used drumsticks before and it came out fine. Then I noticed that I accidentally grabbed a can of Cream of mushroom AND chicken(that explains the dark coloring). I didn't know you could get that in one can. I always skip the veggies because I'm picky. lol. I also forgot to pick up some foil. I didn't have shredded cheddar cheese on hand so I used mozzarella; DON'T use mozzarella. Dangit. I've made this dish twice before and it looked like the recipe pic above except I don't add veggies. Next time I'll be sticking with the cream of chicken and either breast or thighs. I wish I had pics of my first two attempts; it was definitely pic worthy. Even though this dish wasn't as pretty it still tastes great. It's not as great as my Mama's but I'm still learning. It is still my go to one pot dish. Cooking is trial and error. So you leave and you learn.:-) Well, I'm gonna pour myself a glass of sweet tea and enjoy this meal.Remember to follow directions. 
See ya later!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment