Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge

   I'm not sure if I've mentioned this or not but I Love Gilmore Girls! It's one of my favorite shows; right next to I Love Lucy Sex and the city, and Blossom. I started watching Gilmore Girls rather late. THREE years after the show ended. I caught a rerun over my friend's house and I was hooked. I've watched every episode at least twice. 
   I probably forgot to mention that I LOVE to read. When I was a child that's all I would do. I would read everything I got my hand on. My mother loves to read also. I guess you could say she passed it down to me. I couldn't get enough of reading. I would get in trouble for staying up passed my bedtime.... reading. Lol. I even read Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe in the 6th grade! I'm was/am a introverted nerd. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I lost my passion for a lot of things including reading. I've never lost the urge to read and my passion is slowly resurfacing. I'm very excited about that. I'm always on the hunt for a good book. And I haven't been so lucky... until recently. 
    Last night, I came across the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. Aha! It is exactly what I need. One of the main reasons I love Rory is because she loves books.She's super intelligent and she never makes anyone feel inferior to her(unlike Paris Geller). She has a vast knowledge that ranges from politics to pop culture. In a way she reminds me of myself. 
     So back to this reading list. I took the challenge on list challenges website and I scored 49 out of 339 books. I was very impressed by that.Lol. I read most of those before or during high school. That's saying a lot because at my high school; the required reading was usually the movie version. Smh.
    Today, I spent the afternon in the library and it felt amazing. I went in to get two books and left with seven(some aren't on the list). I have five on hold. I'm not sure if I'm gonna start with Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen or Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. I'm very indecisive. So I might end up reading both at the same time. I gonna start tomorrow afternoon. Until then I'm reading The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison(it isn't on the list). "I live in two worlds,one is a world of books."-Rory Gilmore
    

   Have you done this challenge? How long did it take? Any Gilmore Girls fans? Who's your favorite character? Or episode.


If you haven't watched the Gilmore Girls..check it out.

Rory Gilmore List




No comments:

Post a Comment